High Carbon Silicon-Replacement for FeSi as deoxidizer used in carbon structural steel, carbon steel,alloy steel,deformed steel bar manufacturing. High Carbon Silicon 's other name is Silicon Carbon Alloy, High Carbon FeSi.
Size: 0-3mm,3-10mm,10-50mm or as per customers’ requirements
Remark: Chemical composition and size can be optional as per customers’ requirements
1. In the process of smelting metallic silicon, the heating of the electrodes in the furnace is not enough. This causes the furnace bottom to reach the temperature required to produce metallic silicon. Raw materials such as bottom silica and carbon are not sufficiently reacted. After a long period of accumulation, high carbon silicon is formed.
2. Silicon carbon alloy is a new type of alloy used in rotary furnaces. It can replace deoxidized alloys such as ferrosilicon and silicon carbide, and reduce the amount of deoxidizers. Compared with the traditional deoxidizer, it can make the steel have better chemical composition and better mechanical properties.
1. High carbon silicon contains silicon element. After high-carbon silicon is added in the steelmaking process, the silicon element in it interacts with oxygen to deoxidize the oxygen in the molten steel and improve the hardness and quality of the steel. The silicon element in high-carbon silicon has a good affinity with oxygen, so it still has the characteristics of no splash after the molten steel is put into it.
2. High carbon silicon also has the advantage of collecting slag. Adding a certain proportion of high-carbon silicon to molten steel can make the oxides in the steelmaking process quickly agglomerate, which is convenient for filtration treatment, making the molten steel more pure, and greatly improving the density and hardness of the steel.
3. High carbon silicon is a good temperature resistant material. The addition of silicon-carbon alloy in the steelmaking process can increase the furnace temperature, increase the conversion rate of the ferroalloy, and speed up the reaction speed of molten steel and elements.
Other chemical composition and size can be supplied upon request.